Our research focuses on using cosmogenic nuclides to address research questions in Earth, Environmental and Archaeological Science.
If you feel your project would benefit from collaboration with SUERC-Cosmo get in touch.
- Sample preparation, mineral separation and mineral purification
- Sample elemental concentration by ICP-OES and U, Th, REE by ICP-MS
- Cosmogenic nuclide analysis by dissolution/ion exchange chemistry (Be, Al, Cl)
- Be-10/Be, Al-26/Al, Cl-36/Cl by accelerator mass spectrometry with 5MV NEC 15SDH-2 Pelletron
- Cosmogenic He-3 and Ne- 21 analysis with Thermo Helix-SFT and ARGUS6
- Data reduction and modelling/interpretation
The Facilities tab above shows some of the analytical equipment housed by SUERC-Cosmo